Monday, March 28, 2011

No Soup Tuna Casserole

Personally, I'm not a fan of cream-of-whatever soups. My husband, however, is a big fan of tuna casserole. So I made it my mission to discover the best way to satisfy both interests. I tried versions where I made the cream of mushroom soup, I tried a variety of roux (is there a plural for roux, anybody know?), but eventually settled on this recipe featuring sour cream and mayonnaise. It's even easier than opening a can.


NO SOUP TUNA CASSEROLE

  • 3 c. wide egg noodles
  • salt for the water
  • 1 6.4 oz pouch chunk light tuna
  • 1/2 c. sour cream
  • 1/3 c. mayonnaise
  • 1/3 c. green onions, sliced
  • 1 tsp yellow mustard
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/8 tsp black pepper

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

2. Fill a stockpot with water. Salt the water, at least a healthy pinch. Heat on high until water comes to a boil and add in egg noodles. Cook egg noodles until soft. Drain noodles and then return them to pot.

3. Combine egg noodles with tuna, sour cream, mayonnaise, green onion, yellow mustard, salt and pepper. Stir until noodles are well coated. Transfer mixture to a 2 quart casserole dish.

4. Bake, covered, in oven for about 20 minutes, or until heated through.

Source: Cats and Casseroles original recipe

7 comments:

  1. Hello, I read your new stuff like every week. Your story-telling
    style is witty, keep doing what you're doing!

    Here is my website; clash of clans hack ()

    ReplyDelete
  2. good formula. I will try it, but do not know if they cause weight gain or not. Because I'm losing weight so they have to be low in fat. But it's okay, because I also drink more weight loss tea. If you want to find the best weight loss tea can visit the shop "tra giam can slimbody"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nhà thuốc trực tuyến chuyên phân phối thực phẩm chức năng chính hãng hàng đầu Việt nam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thuốc cường dương Ngựa Thái là một trong những sản phẩm hỗ trợ sinh lý nam được các quý ông săn đón nhất trong thời gian gần đây. Sử dụng viên cường dương ngựa thái giúp quý ông lâm trận đạt được phong độ tốt nhất, mạnh mẽ, dẻo dai, tràn đầy hưng phấn, làm thỏa mãn bản thân và bạn tình.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 10 Thuốc giảm cân tốt nhất mang lại hiệu quả nhanh chóng, an toàn và không gây tác dụng phụ mới nhất trong năm 2020.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I love hearing from you!