Friday, September 16, 2011

Stuffed Mushrooms


If I had to select one category of cuisine I preferred cooking above all others, it might be appetizers. I love appetizers. It's funny because I never order them when out to eat, but I find them irresistible when made at home. So far I have found no occasion which can't be improved with some appetizers: football games, baptisms, baby showers, Tuesdays. And perhaps my favorite appetizer of all time is these stuffed mushrooms. If you've been looking for the perfect stuffed mushroom recipe, search no further. This is it.

These mushrooms are stuffed with a mixture of cream cheese, garlic, and even more mushroom. I love the flavor of garlic paired with the mushrooms. I've eaten too many stuffed mushrooms before that were bland. Not these. These are so good, eating only one, or two, is not an option.



STUFFED MUSHROOMS

24oz (generally 3 pkgs) white mushrooms
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tbsp minced garlic
1 8oz pkg cream cheese, softened
1/4 c grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
seasoned breadcrumbs

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

2. Wash and dry mushrooms. Pop out the the stems and then finely chop them. Place the caps in a 9 x 13 glass baking dish and set aside.

3. In a skillet over medium heat, heat the oil. Add the chopped mushroom stems and cook for about 5 minutes, or until stem pieces soften. Add the garlic and heat until fragrant, about two minutes. Remove skillet from heat and stir in the cream cheese, Parmesan, black pepper, onion powder, and cayenne. Spoon mixture into mushroom caps. Sprinkle with breadcrumbs.

4. Bake in preheated oven for about 20 minutes, or until mushrooms start to release juices and become tender. Serve immediately.

Source: Allrecipes

This recipe is shared with Melt in Your Mouth Monday, Craft-O-Maniac, On the Menu Monday, Made by You Monday, Tuesday Talent Show, This Chick Cooks, Full Plate Thursday, It's a Keeper Thursday, Foodie Friday

17 comments:

  1. I think my favorite appetizer has always been stuffed mushrooms. Your recipe sounds great, with the cayenne they will have a nice spice addition, so many mushroom appetizers like you said can be very nothing flavor. Thanks for sharing and look very forward to trying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I.Love.Stuffed.Mushrooms.

    Seriously. I'll pretty much eat anything mushroom-related, but stuffed is the way to go as far as I'm concerned. Loooooooove them! (I just sang that in an operatic fashion)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stuffed mushrooms do offer loads more flavor than fried, so those are my preference. Now I am craving them-great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That would be an awesome dish to make for my Christmas eve party. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how yummy! Can't wait to try these. My whole family would enjoy this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Easy-Peasy! I love this delicious sounding recipe. I like to eat appetizers but I am not a fan of making the... especially if you have to make a lot of different kinds. BUT these lovely little bites will be fun and easy to make for a little savory bite before dinner!
    What a great recipe to share for ON THE MENU MONDAY! Thanks so much!
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stuffed mushrooms are a favorite. Will definitely try this recipe. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Appetizers are my favorite as well. LOVE them! And these look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  9. YUM! I LOVE your recipe ! Would you come over to Cast Party Wednesday tomorrow and share your tasty recipe with us?
    Thanks,
    I hope to see you there!
    http://ladybehindthecurtain.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. That makes my tummy growl!

    I'd LOVE if you would link up to Mommy Club Tuesday Linky! (It shows up both on MilkandCuddles.com & Crystalandcomp.com!)

    You can link up here: http://tinyurl.com/3h45jwb

    Shannon
    MilkandCuddles.com

    PS. I'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  11. ooooh! those look so good and easy to make. I'm putting the ingredients on my shopping list.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks so fantastic. My mouth was watering reading the post. Come over and visit us. We have a terrific apple turnover recipe today.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes, please! :) I would love it if you shared it on Makin' You Crave Monday over at my blog, MrsHappyHomemaker.com!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. We just love Stuffed Mushrooms and your recipe and your photo look awesome! Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and have a great week!
    Come Back Soon,
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  15. Visiting from Melt In Your Mouth Hop. Please return the favor. Also, Mom Blog Society is looking for recipes to feature on our site. We would love to feature you blog. Come on over if you are interested, I will be watching for you. You Can be featured more than once TOO!

    ReplyDelete
  16. YUM! These look DELICIOUS! You were featured on today's Mouth Watering Monday! Come check it out and feel free to grab a button!
    -Nikki
    http://chef-n-training.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. My family has stuffed mushrooms for every holiday. This is the perfect twist for this Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I love hearing from you!