Sunday, November 13, 2011

Resources


Sundae has nothing to do with this post, but I'd feel bad posting without a photo.

My oven and I decided to take a short break from each other, so I checked out for the last week. That gave me more time to look up recipes on the internet (as if I needed an excuse). I'll be back to my regular posting tomorrow, but, for now, I thought I'd share some of my favorite on-line recipe resources:

Allrecipes- One of the first online recipe resource, and still one of the best. Recipes are submitted by site members, as well as companies like Kraft and magazines like Taste of Home. There's really nothing you can't find at this site. I use Allrecipes as a source for this blog all the time.

Epicurious- Very much like Allrecipes, but slightly higher-brow. Recipes are submitted both by members and its magazine partners: Bon Appetit and the now-defunct Gourmet.

Betty Crocker- For some reason, I was in the dark about this resource until a couple of days ago. I want to make nearly every recipe I've seen on this site. It full of simple, accessible recipes-- exactly what you'd expect from Betty Crocker-- put together in a nice format.

King Arthur Flour- Tons of bread and bread machine recipes, as well as other baking recipes. As a bread lover, I particularly appreciate this resource. Tested, well-reviewed bread recipes can be hard to track down.

Tasty Kitchen- Spearheaded by the Pioneer Woman, this is another great member-driven recipe resource. Also a very nice blog attached to the site. I have noticed that sometimes recipes disappear from the database, however.

I hope you'll check out some of these great resources and find them as useful as I have!

1 comment:

  1. Great sites! I spend far too much time "looking" at recipes and cookbooks, but enjoy it so much!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I love hearing from you!