In this recipe, scallopini chicken breast is coated in a heavenly lemon butter, breadcrumbs, and then baked. I compare the taste to chicken piccata without the capers.
LEMON CHICKEN BAKE
- 1lb thin sliced chicken breast
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice (1 lemon should do it)
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 c. Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
2. Transfer lemon butter to a shallow dish. Dip chicken pieces in butter and then coat with bread crumbs. Place chicken in a non-greased 13 x 9 glass or ceramic baking dish. Drizzle any extra lemon butter over the chicken.
3. Bake at 350 degrees in a preheated oven for 20 minutes. Use a meat thermometer to make sure chicken reaches 160 degrees in thickest part. If using a dark colored metal pan or baking sheet instead of glass dish, check after 15 minutes.
Source: adapted from Allrecipes