This recipe is my little love letter to my home town. It is a place that does two things well: growing mushrooms, and Americanizing Mexican foods. So, in honor of my childhood town, I present my recipe for Mushroom Bacon Quesadillas. These quesadillas make for excellent snacking during football games, or a quick dinner. The amount of bacon is just enough to give these quesadillas some added flavor without over-powering the mushrooms. Of course, bacon fanatics (of which I am not) can feel free to add more!
MUSHROOM BACON QUESADILLAS
- 8 oz white button mushrooms, coarsely chopped
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 4 10-inch flour tortillas
- 2 slices thick-cut bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 oz (1/2 c) pepper jack cheese, shredded
- 2 oz (1/2 c) sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
2. In the center of each 10-inch flour tortilla, place 2 tbsp of each cheese. Top with 1/4 of the cooked mushrooms and 1/4 of the crumbled bacon. Fold over the tortillas. Heat an indoor grill* to it's highest temperature. Grill quesadillas one at a time, until cheese is melted. Cut into wedges and serve.
* I use my indoor grill to make these. Alternatively, quesadillas can be cooked using a regular frying pan. Cook quesadillas over medium-high heat, flipping occasionally, until cheese is melted and tortilla is crisp.
Souce: Cats and Casseroles original recipe