Friday, July 29, 2011

Confetti Cookies


Kids and adults alike will love these Confetti Cookies, which feature everyone's favorite candy coated chocolate, M&Ms. I think these would be the perfect treat for back-to-school lunch boxes. However, I've also served them to my husband's co-workers. Adults need a little candy in their lives, too! As a side bonus, these cookies were probably the easiest I've made. The use of self-rising flour eliminates the need to sift together a dry mix.


CONFETTI COOKIES

1 c. (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
1 c. packed light brown sugar
2 tbsp corn syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 1/2 c. self-rising flour
1 c. candy-coated chocolate candies (like M&Ms)

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

2. Cream together the butter and brown sugar, using an electric mixer. Beat in the corn syrup and vanilla extract. Add self-rising flour in small batches, mixing well between each addition. Batter will be very thick. If it seems unworkable, add about 1/2 tsp water. Stir in the chocolate candies by hand.

3. Line baking sheets with parchment paper. Roll cookie dough into 1-inch balls and place on sheets. Bake for 15 minutes, or until lightly browned along the edges. Let cookies sit on sheet for 2 minutes, and then transfer to a rack to cool completely. Makes about 45 cookies.

Source: Home Baking, no listed author, Parragon Publishing, 2005, pg 158.

18 comments:

  1. So pretty. I love M&M's in cookies, they make me feel like a kid again. I used to eat those Keebler M&M cookies all the time. So glad I found these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look delicious! My kids would love them! Thanks for sharing on A Well-Seasoned Life's Sweet Indulgences Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love cookies. I have a great cookbook giveaway on my blog right now. You should come and enter! http://eatcakefordinner.blogspot.com/2011/07/30-minute-rolls-and-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't go wrong with a cookie like that! Delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this recipe - thank you for sharing!
    <><
    Concetta

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm going to try these. M&M's are a weakness of mine!

    ReplyDelete
  7. mmmm...M&M cookies have always been my fav!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are adorable! Love that they only take 6 ingredients too. I'm all about the least amount of ingredients as possible. :)

    Thanks so much for linking up the Recipe Sharing Monday! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Belli, simpatici e sicuramente deliziosi! Brava!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mmmm, one of my favorites! I use to make these when the kids were little. Your recipe looks a bit different than mine, I'll have to make yours. Thanks.
    -Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just commented on your other recipe, but then I saw M&M's. One of my favorite cookies actually. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those are just so pretty and popping with color. Thanks for linking it up to Sweets for a Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love all cookies! Mangoes and Chutney's Fat Camp Friday is now open Friday at midnight (EST)! I would love if you stopped by and linked up this recipe!
    http://mangoesandchutney.com/2011/08/fat-camp-friday-39-brown-sugar-bacon-jalapenos.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. These cookies look awesome-- I'm such a sucker for anything with M&Ms. I'm your newest follower and I love for you to follow back!! I'd also love it if you linked up to my sweet treats party this weekend! Hope to see you there :)

    Ashton
    http://www.somethingswanky.com
    {Sweet Treats Thursday} Thu-Sun

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi! Just stopping by to let you know that your cookies were #2 on A Well-Seasoned Life's Sweet Indulgences Sunday last week. Hope you'll stop by and share another of your great recipes this week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Abby,
    The young at heart in all of us would love this cookie, it looks yummy! Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and hope to see you again real soon! Hope you are having a great week end.
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  17. Who doesn't like M&M cookies?! Thank you so much for joining Fat Camp Friday! See you next week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment on my blog. I love hearing from you!