When I first came across this recipe, I had my doubts. Four ingredients? No candy thermometer? Done in minutes? It didn't seem possible this fudge could stack up against the kind I'd enjoyed at the boardwalk for years. However, I'm happy to report that this fudge holds its own. I have used this recipe for two years now, and my various taste testers have given it a huge thumbs up. It's now the only fudge I make. If desired, chopped nuts can be added. Personally, I prefer a smooth square I can let melt in my mouth and have written up the recipe accordingly.
EASIEST EVER FUDGE
- 3 c semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 14oz can sweetened condensed milk
- dash salt
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2. In a medium sauce pan, combine the chocolate chips with the condensed milk and salt. Heat over low until chocolate melts, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla. Fudge mixture should be smooth and gloss. Spread fudge mixture in prepared pan.
3. Allow fudge to cool in refrigerator for at least 2 hours. To cut, lift foil out of pan and then peel off of fudge. Cut fudge into 64 small squares. Keep refrigerated in an air-tight container.
Source: Eagle Brand Recipes